Join other young professionals from the Seattle area on a journey to the Near East! On Inside Jewish Georgia, you will be immersed in a fascinating region characterized by cultural, linguistic, and religious diversity, as well as learn about Jewish renewal in a post-communist society.
Trip Dates: May 19 – May 27, 2019
- Experience the region’s unique culture through its cuisine, dance, and architecture.
- Travel the countryside, participate in wine tastings, and visit medieval castles and monasteries.
- Visit an Azari Bazar to see local artisans in their traditional work.
- Learn about the history of communism in the region with a visit to the Stalin Museum.
- Explore and tour the Jewish communities of Tbilisi & Gori.
- Participate in home visits with elderly community members to learn about JDC’s Hesed welfare model.
- Lead activities for children, teens, and parents served by JDC-supported Jewish Family Service.
Application Deadline: March 1